My adventures as a private (PPL) pilot in New Zealand

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 Roundup

Well 2007 is over! I hope everyone had a good year, and is looking forward to 2008!

Just looking through my logbook, and my flying achievements for the year are:

  • 27.3 hours flying
  • 24.0 hours PIC
  • 3.3 hours dual
  • Gained P28R Piper Arrow type rating
  • Passed BFR on first attempt
  • Landed at 3 new airports, Matamata, New Plymouth and Whakatane

In 2008 I am contemplating doing my instrument rating. I still want to talk to more people about the realities of using and maintaining currency of an instrument rating, but for now it is an idea.

Also this year I hope I can convince a few other local pilots to join me on monthly $300 burger flights around the country :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Flyinkiwi said...

OMG you mean that time I met you at Matamata it was the first time you had landed there?

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Aaron Martin said...

Nah first time I landed in Matamata was 1st Jan 2007 in JGP

9:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home